Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's a Party!


The happy little girl in this painting is my favorite model. Her name is Jessica Obonna. Her parents are from Nigeria. I first painted Jessica in 2008, once when she was nine months, and a second time when she was fifteen months. Those paintings can be seen in the May, 2008, post.


Jessica is shown once again at a party. It is her little brother's first birthday. The party room is filled with active children, but it is the mylar balloons that capture Jessica's attention. The shiny mylar surface catches her profile and some of the action in the room. Mylar balloons were a challenge to paint, but I had fun with this.

2 comments:

Arti said...

Hello Genie..you are a wonderful artist.I totally loved your art.Hope to learn something from you, so I am joining you here.

Genie Even said...

Thank you for your comment, Arti. Wow! from New Delhi! It is a treat to meet you. My daughter-in-law is Indian, but she was born in Guiana and raised in Suriname. My four youngest grandchildren are half Indian. I will be posting a new painting of my granddaughter soon. Be sure to check back with me.