Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another "Fuji Reflection"

In December, 2007, while visiting in Los Gatos, California, I was introduced to blogging. I had an image in my digital camera of a new painting. The painting, Fuji Reflection, became the subject of my first post. A few months later in 2008 the painting was included in the 31st Exhibition of theTennessee Watercolor Exhibition in Knoxville, Tennessee. The juror, Cheng-Khee Chee, chose 60 paintings from the 213 that were submitted. I was very happy to have Fuji Reflection selected as one of the sixty. Look at the December post to view the first Fuji Reflection painting.

------------------------------------------------------------

Below is Fuji Reflection II, using the same apples, cloth, and silver pitcher as in Fuji Reflection I. I took many photos of the three Fuji apples, changing the arrangement of the apples and the cloth. The first Fuji painting was simply three apples on the striped tablecloth (see July Blog, A Wonderful Reception). The second painting used the pitcher for reflections The third painting is a variation of components. Those three apples have given me many happy painting hours