Thursday, June 19, 2008

Painting Water and Rocks




In a May blog I mentioned spending some time in the Smokies of Tennessee. While there I once again attempted plein aire painting. One of the places I returned to paint is a favorite. It is called Greenbriar. Exciting water tumbles and falls over the rocks as it travels down from Ramsey Cascades. There are possible paintings wherever one looks. I focused on a small section and tried to capture the scene. I also took many digital photos. I used my small painting and a photo to create "Rocks and Water I".




Several months earlier I had visited another area in the Smokies on Roaring Creek Road. My digital camera allowed me to capture a mini cascade in the middle of a stream. The resulting painting is called simply "Mini-Cascade". The rocks are mossy and little flecks of leaves add color.




I am ready to sketch my next water and rocks painting. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: